This position entails helping customers, set-up and clean-up, working as a team, and taking initiative to make our studio a better place for our customers.
Here's a sample of the duties our employees perform:
• Greeting customers and teaching them about our wide variety of products. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach, and clean up after our customers. It is much like being a waitress.
• Unpacking shipments and updating inventory
• Glazing, loading and unloading the kiln, wrapping finished orders, and calling customers for pick-up
• Opening and closing the studio
• Working the cash register, running credit cards, and answering phones
• Assisting with kids camps, birthday parties, and classes
• Mopping, dusting, taking out the trash, and cleaning tables, chairs, counters, windows, and more. Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority.
• Working together in teams and independently
First, a little more about what Paint a Piece is:
• A family friendly environment where people can come to create their own masterpieces. Paint a Piece is where “Everyone’s an artist!” place for birthday parties, private parties, custom painting, summer camps and much more.
• We love to help our customers find their “inner artist” even when they think there isn’t one. That means being a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable employee at Paint a Piece.
• A tight-knit group that must work as a team. We work hard but we have fun doing it.
• A place to learn: we will teach you how to work with paints, teach techniques, host birthday parties and summer camps, build with clay, fuse glass, glaze pottery and load kilns.
• An equal opportunity employer.
All applicants must:
• Be at least 16 years of age; be punctual and dependable; have reliable transportion
• Be willing to learn; able to follow written instruction and able to work with little or no supervision
• Be responsible for opening or closing the store without supervision.
• Have great verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and children.
• Be comfortable working with a PC; have basic computer skills using Word, Excel, and internet
• Have good spelling and writtern communication skills.
• Be capable of lifting a minimum of 40 lbs
• Be capable of standing/walking for a 5 hour shift without difficulty
• Have a flexible schedule (ability to work evenings and weekends)
• Have excellent time management and and multitasking abilities
• Work well in a fast-paced environment
• This is a family friendly environment. Our employees present a drug- and alcohol-free appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
Monday - Thursday: 10am-8pm
Open Good Friday 4/19
Closed Easter Sunday 4/21
We are always available for after hours parties, just call for details.
Copyright © Paint a Piece . All rights reserved.
9289 Poplar Ave, Ste 103